This week's episode was a lot of fun for me. Breaking down Mid Century Modern was a tough one since I'm just now starting to really research it. I'm drawn to the clean lines and i'm searching for a pair of chairs for my living room. I was super lucky to interview Ariel from PMQFORTWO,com. She's smart and funny and know's her stuff about using colour in a space.
Win: We chose a room for our first One Room Challenge!!!
FAIL: Kevin keeps veto'ing all my picks for our living room but we will get there!
Mid century modern:
- Really simple boxy furniture
- Team tones
- Simple fabrics
- If you chose pattern go geometric
- Geometric texture in pottery
- Chrome or gold, mix and match
Discovering your style:
The secret to finding your style is trial and error. Drop the guilt of returning things you don't like!
- Make Pinterest boards
- Look at what's similar in each. Look for common colour threads
- Be ok with things not working out. You may have to return something but that's totally ok.
- Put it in your space, try another space
- Give yourself permission to Return it!
This week's featured blog is PMQfortwo. I really enjoyed interviewing Ariel. She's very down to earth and easy to listen to. She blogs about her eclectic home in a Private Married Quarters of the Canadian Armed Forces. love her!