In this episode we break down the style Modern farmhouse. Talk all about wood floors and alternatives that are just as good if not better and lastly, chat about some great blogs worth checking out.
Not your typical Farmhouse style, Modern Farmhouse has crisper lines, less things, cleaner look. Paired down appeal.
- Clean lines
- Wide shiplap
- Black accent
- Modern details-square rangehood
- Natural wood accent that are slightly rustic
- Buffalo check
- Neutral pallette
- Iron lighting
- Cement tiles
Refinisheable, scratches, it's real and you know it. Water damage, not great in kitchend
Can refinish a certain amount of time. Be careful of the thinkness orbit can scratch through. Cost affective alternative to hardwood
Water proof, many options. Very close look and feel to hardwood. Cost medium. Works well with radiant heating. Doesn't make as much noise under foot
very similar to vinyl, not as easy to find laminate that's waterproof. Budget friendly
- Full service design firm
- blogging is there side gig
- great shop
- design advice blogs
- reveals but do not go into details of the products unless they are from the McGeesndco shop. They want to keep that as a client privilege
- YouTube videos with great tips, how to style your kitchen, bookshelf
The DIY Mommy
- Gorgeous black and white kitchen
- Design tips and styling advice
- Great do it yourself projects
- Easy to follow detailed explanations
- She DIYed a wonderful rustic clock you need to check out.
Copy Cat Chic
Takes a picture and groups together furnishings that match it. They aren't necessarily the exact piece but a close "copy cat" She often gives hi-lo options.